Saturday, August 1, 2009

Here is a pic on Mt Lassen.













On the eve of the 29th I crossed into Washington and had dinner in Wala Wala. That night I stayed at a forestry service camp ground on a river on the Lewis and Clark trail. I met a guy named Toby and he told me about The Stergus Run. I took a nice cool bath in the river after another 400 + miles.

On the 30th I headed for Montana got past Missoula to a hot springs resort, made camp just at dark. I went over to the resort and just barley made it into the pool before they closed it. I got to watch the sun set from the pool, the sky IS really big in Montana!

On the 31th I woke up to the first lite rain I have experienced on the trip, so I loaded up quickly and headed down I90. I stopped in Bozeman to look up the uncle of my high school girlfriend. I found his house after not being there in 25+ years. His house keeper gave me his cell number and he left me a message with her number. It will be nice to catch up with her.

I made it 510 miles to Moorcroft Wyoming (I'm in the iron ass club now). I rewarded my self with a night in a motel with a nice soft bed and wifi (wow luxury).

I'm off to Sturgus...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your having fun man. Keep on truckin, take plenty of pics....

    ReplyDelete